CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July

Sometimes we tend to focus on the worldly side of holidays: presents at christmas, eggs and chocolate on easter, barbeque and swimming on the 4th of july. Even as i woke up this morning i thought about getting a tan by the pool (i wish!!) and all the good food there will be! But what i failed to think of was the real reason we celebrate the 4th of July. This might get chessy but today is a day to thank and remember all of the men and women who have given their time and even their lives to serve our country. Can you imagine what our lives would be like if they weren't out their fighting for our freedoms? We take for granted all of the rights and freedoms we have. We get to live in a free country. We get to go to the schools we want, travel as we please, believe what we want, say what we want, and so much more. I often forget this like most of us, but i truly am grateful for those that have given so much for me and my country. "I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free. I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me. I gladly stand up next to you, and defend her still today. There ain't no doubt I love this land! God bless the USA!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment