CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 30, 2011

What did people do before electricity?

I finally realized how much I rely on electronics. Today we had our power shut down for a couple of hours and it hit me how much i rely on electricity! It's kinda pathetic actually. I honestly couldn't think of a single thing to do! I had no way to talk to my friends, and no way to entertain myself; me and my family were all just sitting here staring at eachother. My sisters friend was over and she said "what did people do before electricity?" It's sad how much time we spend on facebook, texting, twitter, youtube, TV, videogames, and yes even blogs!! How much time do we spend with our family and friends, reading, and just hanging out! It's the middle of summer and i have hung out with my friends a couple of times, and i went on trek and EFY, but the majority of my summer has been spent on facebook. I know i am just rambling on about this, but honestly, what would we do without electricty? I have decided that i will be much happier if i take some time to myself, turn off my phone for a bit and close my laptop. i have no clue what i am going to do but it should be nice to get out of the house for a little bit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment